Thursday, November 1, 2012

Melted Snowman Cookies

When I saw these on another blog, I knew I had to make them! I already had a great lemon sugar cookie recipe that I've made a few times so I will share that but feel free to use your own recipe.

For the cookies:
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup crisco
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice

(Mix the butter, crisco and sugar together. Then add the vanilla, egg and lemon zest. In a seperare bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda, then add that. Add milk and lemon juice. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.)

For the frosting:
1/4 cup softened butter
4 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt
fresh lemon juice

(Beat butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla. Add powdered sugar and salt. Mix in lemon juice until the frosting reaches a spreadable consistency.)

I made my cookies bigger and flatter then I usually would so I had more room to decorate.


Once the cookies are made and frosted, you want to microwave your marshmallows. Watch them as they microwave because you want them to get soft but not double in size or get too melted to take off the plate. Add your marshmallow to your cookie and press the top down a little. Then decorate away!

 
 
 
Some kids love to help their moms bake; My child is not one of them. He could really care less, but he did enjoy decorating some cookies of his own!
 
 
You'll also notice that clothing is optional for this project :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment